Thursday, October 23, 2014

GoodLife

The last three days have been difficult. Not diet wise, but life wise. I don't plan on getting into it here, but let's just say I wish I had more support than I do around certain things. I also wish the people around me had more compassion and empathy for others. I think if we looked at others from a place of understanding rather than hate and judgement, the world (and my family) would be better off because of it. I just get down at times about the reality that is my family situation right now. At times I have a hard time coping with it all. Especially when others appear to have no desire to make a situation better, even if it will make their loved ones happy. When does love ever prevail? No one seems to want to put in the effort to improve things except me and that is extremely disappointing. The last three days it's been hard to get out of bed. I feel somewhat better today, but not really. After all, nothing has changed so why should I? 

Yesterday, I did manage to crawl out of bed and go to my chiropractor. I ended up crying when there. With all of the above going on, and then my hips still causing me pain I just broke down. It was slightly embarrassing, but my doctor is great and I pulled myself together fairly quickly. She doesn't need to know my issues. It's just too long a story to get into anyway.  The last two sessions when there we have done some new thing which do seem to be helping. I have no idea how my hip muscles have gotten so tight, that they throb and cause me pain daily, but at least we know what the problem is now (hopefully anyway) and aim to fix it. She encourages me to have regular massages (which I still need to book) and continue with my low impact exercises. As a result, after my appointment I went to GoodLife and signed up. 
I got a free gym bag when I signed up!

I still can't believe it. Wasn't  it just a few months ago I said I wasn't into typical exercise like this? Man, I sure have changed quickly! It made sense though. The exercises I've learned I really enjoy are all available at Goodlife Fitness. Yoga, Zumba, aquafit are all there, plus I have access to all the other equipment for a fraction of the cost of what my drop in classes were costing me monthly. 

As I say this though, I am super scared. A membership is a year committment. I'm scared of falling into the same pattern I have in the past. The "go for a few weeks and then stop" pattern. That's when saving money would turn into wasting money.  I  do have a plan though. This time (unlike in the past) I'm more interested in classes than the treadmill. Treadmills are fine, but not a machine that will make me want to come back for more. I'm hoping the classes will be something I can't wait to get back to. I'm just going to have to get use to the mirrors! EEK!!! Why must gym classes have mirrors? My old yoga studio never did. Maybe that's why I could relax there. lol... 

Also part of my plan is to write out what classes I'm going to go to on my calendar. As I finish a class I'll continue to place a check mark or (better yet) a sticker stating I went. At the end of the month I'll post a picture of it here. Doing that and using this blog are sure to keep me accountable! 

I am scared and slightly intimidated to enter this gym, but I will do it anyway. I have to. I need to. I want to.  

4 comments:

  1. Good for you ... Just think in a couple of months you will love those mirrors because you will see the difference all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonya, I can relate to some of the things you mentioned that are going on in your life. Sometimes it is hard, when you feel like you're the only one trying to help everyone or everything. I will keep you ony thoughts! Stay strong, as my friend says it's always darkest before the dawn. Way to go on your gym membership, it's ok to be intimidated, hopefully you'll be comfy and it'll be part of your routine in no time. Hope the hip get better! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alati! Glad to hear I'm not alone. It's so hard sometimes to remain positive, but I will try. Hopefully sweating it out at the gym will help.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails