Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tired Runner

I have been a bad blogger lately. Mostly because I am so tired. So tired that accomplishing more than one thing a day is too much. I've been in bed a lot lately. I've been too tired to read, therefore haven't been reading your blogs, and too tired to write, therefore I haven't updated mine.

This tiredness is abnormal. I stopped taking my vitamins and I'm feeling it. I didn't stop on purpose, I just never remember. I'm wondering if my B12 or iron is low.  No matter how hard I try to ensure I'm getting enough green leafy vegetables in, I know I'm still not getting enough. As a result the last two days I've taken all my vitamins  (like a good girl) which include a multivitamin, B complex vitamin, calcium tablet, vitamin C and D,  a St. Johns Wart and Green Tea capsule, and now a iron capsule. A lot? Perhaps, but I know they are essential and hopefully will help to make me feel better. This tiredness thing is starting to get annoying, and I refuse to introduce coffee or pop back into my diet!

Regardless of my tiredness, one thing I haven't let go by the wayside is my running. I am now on Week 8 and today I just finished run two. This run is 4.46km long. I managed to run it in 35.42 minutes.  My last run (same distance) I ran  in 37.17minutes although it did include running up a big hill.

Today I really started to understand that running is a complete mental game. At the 1K mark, I really wanted to quit. I wasn't feeling the run, I was tired and sore already. Then when the little Nike + dude came on and reported I just ran 1.5K, I wanted to tell him to shut the F*ck up and throw my ipod across the road! I kind of have a love-hate relationship with the Nike + sensor dude. I hate him in the beginning for telling me I have run only 0.5km when I feel like I've run 5K already, but I love him when he tells me I only have 400 meters to go!

Today there was a lot of negative self talk going on. I just didn't know how I was going to finish. I kept moaning and groaning and beating myself up one minute, but then the next I'd snap out of it, and just say outloud (yes outloud...I'm sure my neighbours think I'm crazy) that I can do this, because I've done it before! Thankfully, I didn't give up and instead kicked some demon-negative self talk ass and didn't walk once. I ran the entire 4.46km and then passed out on the grass!!! I'm not going to lie, it was damn hard. Probably my hardest run yet, but it was also my longest and my fastest, but I did it, and that is something to be proud of. Fat chicks really can run!

2 comments:

  1. Afternoon Sonya,
    I hear ya, with the random tireness. Could it be stress realted. I know when I get like that it is mainly stress enduced.
    Congrats on your running! 1 week and .14k left before 5k! Whoot Whoo! :D

    come on over and check out my new blog at www.mirandasjeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. You are inspiring me. I was also doing the Couch to 5K and at Week 6 run 2, life got crazy and now it is been 5 weeks since I have worked out. But I am going to start again today. I will go back to Week 4 run 1 and work my way to the end. I do my runs by time. So unless I am on a treadmill I don't really know how far I have gone. I plan to get up 2 mornings a week to do spinning and I want to add in my strength workouts. I want to get to a 6 or 7 day a week workout schedule. So it might take me a little longer to get threw the weeks but I will get to the end and run 30 minutes straight.

    I have trouble remembering my vitamins too. I feel the difference when I don't take them and when I'm not working out.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails