Friday, May 07, 2010

One Productive Day

Today was a productive day. I had to really force myself to make it a productive one, but I did it and I'm proud.

This morning I got my butt out of bed (yet again, not easy to do!) and went and volunteered with the horses again.  I love it. I was able to meet the two new horses they have and visit the other ones as well. It was great fun. grooming, watching the horses get trained etc...etc... I got a workout shovelling poop again too! Got to love those poop workouts! 

After being there for about 3 hours I came home and after having a shower and getting ready I went and had my 60 minute massage! Ladies and gents (if there are any out there) It was fan-freak'in-tastic! Just what the doctor ordered! She said my calves were really tight (which I knew about - hence one of the reasons for going) so she worked on those a lot along with my lower back, shoulders and neck. I was so relaxed coming out of there I really (and I mean really) just wanted to come home and have a nap. I didn't though. I forced myself to go and get groceries. I didn't have any real food in the house and I knew if I didn't buy food today, I'd be eating out tomorrow (which of course I don't want to do!). 

I spent about 1.5 hours in the grocery store then I came home and put everything away. I then got my fat ass outside running! Thankfully the rain stopped just long enough for me to be outside for about an hour.  Currently it's a thunderstorm out there! I decided to take a new route today for my run. My old one is getting boring as it's basically a huge block and pretty flat. I said I was going to get some hill training in this week and that is exactly what I did.  I ran up one crazy long hill...but I did it! The same hill I had trouble walking up only a few months ago, today I ran up! WOO-HOO!!!!!! It's feels so great! My total training time today was about 45min. I ran about 2.9K (as per mapmyrun) and walked the rest for a total of 5K.  It's still daunting to know the part I walked I still need to learn to run to finish my first 5K. AHHHHH.....shit, I hope I'm going to be ready! I did feel I could have ran longer today (which was a nice feeling), but I'm not sure I could have ran the entire thing. Here's hoping in a month I can! 

After the run I came home and made Thai Vegetable Green Curry.  I picked up a jar of President's choice Green Curry  (which is damn good!) and followed the instructions on the back of the label. I fried up some tofu with a bit of EVOO  and then added in some thinly sliced red peppers (one entire red pepper). I let them cook for a few minutes and then added in the jar of curry and a can of corn. It simmered for about 10 minutes and was done! Easy Peasy!  I then made some minute rice and put it together and had an awesome dinner! It was soooooooo yummy!!!! I only ended up eating 1/2 the bowl. It's pretty filling so I'm going to save the rest for saturday and sunday. Lucky Me! 

After dinner I ended up having a bath with epson salts to relax my muscles again and I then crawled into bed with my laptop. Oh baby!  I can't promise I'm going to be able to catch up on all of you tonight, I'm pretty exhausted and have to get up at 5am for work in the morning. Oh joy oh fun. Here's hoping you guys are having a far more exciting friday night than I am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails