Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I RAN 5K!!!!!

That's right ladies and gents, this fat chick ran 5K!!!! Goal = achieved! Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not too shabby for a girl who just started running three months ago!

On Sunday, my best friend (who has been running  for just over a year herself) and I went down to the lake (lake Ontario) and ran on the waterfront trail. It was GORGEOUS! The weather was awesome, the view was amazing and the trail was fantastic! It was my first time running there (or really being there for that matter), but you can bet it will certainly not be my last.

My first 5K was still part of my couch to 5K training. I'm in week 9 and this week is all about running three 5K runs. After my third, I've officially graduated!!!!!  I got to say, I found this run easier than my last three runs of 4.46K. I'm not sure why. All I can think of is that the trail had more hills than I'm accustom to, and what goes up, must come down. I love running downhill!!!! I actually was a bit faster on this run than my last couple runs. I ran the 5K in 40 minutes. Not cheetah fast, but not snail pace either...more tortoise-ish. My goal was to run it in less than 45min and I did it. I'm hoping on 'race day' to finish it in less than 40min. I do wish of course I was faster, but speed will come with time. Lately I've just been concentrating on going the distance.

Not much else is new around my neck of the woods. I made Polish Style Lasanga for dinner last night, but I have to say I will NOT be making it again. First off, I realized it's not that healthy. Secondly, I found I had to use two packages of instant potatoes to cover the noodles, and then I didn't have enough cream cheese to mix the potatoes with so they ended up being soooo dry. Plus my oven ready noodles were not so oven ready. As the potatoes were so dry, the noodles didn't have enough liquid to help them soften. As you can imagine, this dish was a disaster! lol.... I really should have just made potatoes with onion in them and called it a night!

Tonight I'm hoping to make a new dish using polenta. I went out and bought all the ingredients for the dish, but now do you think I can find the bloody recipe? Hell No. I thought I e-mailed it to myself or facebooked it to myself, but nope. I can't find it. Gurrrrr....now what the hell do I do? lol.....Here's hoping I find it before my veggies go bad!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! You rock! I am so happy for you. Congrats on your very first race. It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself! Will you be signing up for anyother races throughout the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on running 5K. You are my inspiration. I need to get back to my Couch to 5K training. I am going to start mine over since it has been close to 2 months since I last ran. Keep on keepin on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails