Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Back to Cooking!

I found the recipe! Yay!!!! I knew I had it somewhere. It's called Vegetable and Polenta Casserole and is only 189 calories per serving. Not too shabby I'd say! I was hoping to find ready made Polenta at my local Superstore, but had no such luck. Luckily a european saleswoman told me that polenta is really just cornmeal (who knew?) and handed me a package which she knew would have instructions on how to make polenta on the back! I thought, what the hell, I'll give it a try....and I did!

Making Polenta! 
Cutting out slices of Polenta
Onion, Garlic, Zucchini, Red Peppers, Mushrooms,  Broccoli and Tofu (which I decided to add to the recipe)

After 'President's Choice' Marinara was added

Making Layers


After adding Cheese!


After cooking!


YUMMY!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sonya~ That looks delicious and I think I'm going to add it to my list of recipes to try in July. I'm going back through all your back entries for inspiration:D


    Take Care,
    fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe... It was good, but just a tip...I think I put in a little too much polenta. Next time I make it I'll maybe just add one layer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks...I'll remember...I think I can get some ready to use tube polenta at Safeway here..lol...tube polenta sounds kinda scary though

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails